Honda Cars India witness a drop in domestic sales by 33.66 percent in September 2021
Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) reported a 33.66 percent drop in sales in September 2021, with 6,765 units of Honda cars sold. According to HCIL, they sold 10,199 units in the Indian market in September 2020.
On the plus side, exports by HCIL were 2,964 units for September 2021, up from only 170 units in September 2020. That indicates a growth of 1643 percent for Honda exports.
Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President and Director-Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said, "On demand side, there is good momentum in the market with improved buying sentiment. However, the supply chain hurdles including the widespread chip shortage has been a big challenge right now for the industry, which impacted our production volume and despatches during last month. We will continue to align our production through our best efforts to tide over this shortage in the coming months. With the onset of auspicious Navratra period next week, the festive season will see further rise in demand for our refreshed line-up and we are positive that it will be fruitful for us,"
HCIL's headquarters is currently based in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh and its state-of-the-art production plant is situated in Rajasthan, where the Honda Jazz, Honda Amaze, Honda WR-V, and Honda City are produced.
Starts Rs 6.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1,44,500
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety