Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700
After being pretty silent all through the pandemic (save for the launch of the new Hayabusa) Suzuki India has launched a new scooter called the Avenis 125. You won't go wrong drawing parallels between the Avenis and the TVS NTorq, because the latter has indeed been the vehicle that the Avenis has been benchmarked against.
The Avenis is a youthful-looking scooter and comes in a variety of colours to match its young demeanour - including a Team Suzuki MotoGP livery inspired scheme. The Avenis is powered by a 124cc air-cooled engine (same as the Access 125) that puts out 8.7PS at 6,750rpm and 10Nm of torque at 5,500rpm. The scooter features an LED headlight and split tail light unit, along with integrated turn blinkers at the front and floating blinkers at the rear.
The Avensis weighs only 106kg making it only 2kg heavier than the Yamaha Ray-ZR and around 10kg lighter than the NTorq. The Avenis rides on alloy wheels and uses a front disc brake and rear drum brake, without ABS.
The big talking point for the scooter is its LCD instrumentation which interfaces with Android and iOS smartphones using the Suzuki Ride Connect app and gets features like turn-by-turn navigation and SMS/call/WhatsApp alerts.
The Avenis is priced at Rs 86,700 for the standard colours, while the MotoGP inspired paint scheme charges a nominal premium and is priced at Rs 87,000 (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
Starts Rs 86,700
Starts Rs 50,817
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained